Who Are We
County Durham Therapists, based in Darlington, are a group of highly qualified and experienced independent Chartered Psychologists and Accredited Psychotherapists who are committed to the highest standards of professional practice and conduct. All of our therapists are regulated by the Health Professionals Council who demands the highest ethical standards of its members. We have all undergone our own personal therapy as part of our training and are also registered under specific organisations such as the British Psychological Society, the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and the Institute of Group Analysis. What unites County Durham Therapists is our belief that change is possible, as well as our shared values and approach to working with individuals, groups, professionals and organisations.
Below is one of the founding partners of County Durham Therapy, with a summary of some of the skills she has to offer:
Dr Laura Pocklington, Bsc. (Hons). P.G.Dip, D.Couns.Psychol, Cpsychol.
Laura is a Chartered Counselling Psychologist. She has worked in the NHS for over 15 years and on a private basis for over 6 years. Laura has worked extensively with adults, children and families, both individually and in groups. She regularly offers supervision to Counsellors and Trainee Psychologists and is constantly developing her skills and advancing her knowledge in order to help her clients. Her qualifications include:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology (2001);
- Foundation Course in the Solihull Approach (2003);
- Certificate in Counselling (2004);
- Neonatal Behavioural Assessment Scale -The Brazelton Institute (2004);
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling Psychology (2005);
- Doctorate in Counselling Psychology (2007);
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy Stage 1 (2008);
- Social Problem Solving Therapy for Personality Disorders (2008);
- Postgraduate Diploma in The Foundations of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy (2011);
- Advanced Supervisors training (2011);
- Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy Practitioner (Accredited with the British Psychoanalytic Council) (In Progress);
- Mentalization-Based Treatment: Basic Training (2016).